The planning of Barleycroft Road started in 1924 when Louis de Soissons drew up the plans for the street and what type of houses were going to be built there.
As you can see from the first plan, some of the houses have been crossed out with the letters NB, which stands for Not Built.
Number 6 & 8 were never built but a Cal-de-sac was built which became Barleycroft Green, and number 3 was not built as that is now where the Baptist Church is situated.
The 1938 Ordnance Survey map shows the Cal-de-sac, whilst the 1967 Ordnance Survey map shows the Baptist Chapel.
Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies do have a selection of house plans for Barlecroft Road, the images here relate to numbers 14 and 16, along with an early photograph from the image collection.
There is one photo that shows 34 Barleycroft Road and an article that appeared in the local newspaper for 36 Barleycroft Road, these would have been both the same.