Ownership and Occupancy (3)
By Susan Flood
HALS holds these from 1926 until 1941 and a long series is also held in Welwyn Garden City Library. After the Second World war they become yet more numerous and can be supplemented by HALS’ collection of telephone books and items such as Thompsons Local. The directories shown here for 1926 and 1941 show the development that had taken place around Elmwood and Elm Gardens. As well as the lists of residents, they also contain very useful information about the garden city and adverts for local businesses.