Project Overview, Film and Evaluation
Hertfordshire Archives & Local Studies
Welwyn Garden City: A Town Designed for Healthy Living was a Heritage Lottery Fund project run and managed by Hertfordshire Archive and Local Studies – HALS at County Hall Hertford from October 2019 – March 2021.
For this project we planned to the following:
- Community Exhibition: A touring exhibition, co-created in partnership with local community groups, children and young people.
- School Workshops: A new Primary School KS2 local history session about the town its ethos and development. delivered free of charge to local schools in Welwyn Garden City during the lifetime of the project.
- Archive Film Screenings: An archive film showing of Welwyn Garden City from the 1920’s 1950s will be played at four different locations in Welwyn Garden City at different times throughout the year.
- Illustrated Talk: explores the ideas of how challenges from today are not so different to the challenges that Howard and others were considering at the turn of the 19th century.
- Guided Walk: A guided walking tour of Welwyn Garden City with a look into its past and plans for its future.
- Collections Conservation and Cataloguing: Archivists will catalogue papers from the town’s societies and volunteer will be re-boxing this material.
- Our Welwyn Garden City Website: Development of new content. Recruitment of volunteer website editors.
When the pandemic broke out in early 2020, all of our plans had to be adapted for remote delivery. You can read about this in our Evaluation Report below.
This page was added on 15/04/2020.