Welwyn Garden City Theatre
Ben Hur and Faust
By Susan Hall
In 1924 Welwyn Garden City asked for a Theatre. In January 1928 the theatre opened.
The first film performances were silent movies of Ben Hur and Faust.
The first picture shows the theatre under construction and the second of the newly completed building.
These photos are part of a collection of photos and documents deposited at Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies, from Welwyn Builders.