A Pretty Wedding
Miss Evelyn Nanson and Mr Leslie M Viner
By Susan Hall
This wedding appeared in the Welwyn Times on 17 October 1929 on page 4 along with the following article:
“The sun shone upon a demure bride and bridegroom at the Catholic Church of St, Bonaventure on Saturday, when Miss Evelyn Nanson and Mr Leslie Maurice Viner of High Oaks Road were married by the Very Rev. Canon A H Pownall.
The bride looked very dainty clad in ivory georgette bearing a large bouquet of cream roses. The bridesmaids, Miss Dorothy Viner and Miss Edith Passmore, wore orange taffeta picture gowns and carried orange tipped carnations. Mr Claude Vincent acted as best man.
After the ceremony the bride received a rousing confetti reception from her many erstwhile colleagues of the Welwyn Stores. A reception was held at the Alpha School and later the bride, in a travelling dress of green crepe-de-chine and coat to match, with the bridegroom left for Brighton. Their new residence is 3 Brocket Close.
The bride will be remebered by the children as Dick Whittington at the Welwyn Stores Christmas Party.”