Welwyn Wheelers 1952

by WGCHT/James Parrett

Name: Peter Waghorn and John Norris

Subject: Welwyn Wheelers

Duration: 10:40

Peter Waghorn begins by talking about his joining the Welwyn Wheelers in 1952, who then met outside what is now John Lewis. John Norris then mentions he joined in 1957, and talks about the different licenses he needed for different types of race. They mention various places the group met at, such as a hut from Mill Green military camp, situated behind the Beehive Pub, until the Gosling Sports Park was finished. They talk about the lengths of some of the routes they took, some being over 50 miles long, and then discuss the growing amount of youth riders in the club, and the differences in cycling clothing between then and now.

This page was added on 14/11/2017.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone